Grace Animal Hospital is proud to provide medical and surgical care for exotic pets. We offer wellness care and surgical procedures for birds, reptiles, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, rats, mice, chinchillas, hedgehogs, tortoise/turtles, wildlife, and other exotic companion mammals. Just like with dogs and cats, we recommend that exotic pets have yearly wellness appointments. At these appointments, we can help you set up proper housing and discuss nutrition and the very specific social and environmental needs of your pet.
Screening diagnostic tests may be recommended depending on your pet’s species and history. This might include blood work, fecal analysis, and/or additional disease testing. Our goal is to provide you the best exotic pet veterinary care.
Dr. Jay Adams has a special interest and love for exotic animal species and holds membership with the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV). Dr. Jay also regularly attends continuing education courses to expand his knowledge with exotic animal medicine and surgery.
We Are Pleased to Offer the Following Services at Grace Animal Hospital:
- Preventative Care
- Same Day Urgent Care Appointments
- Surgery for Exotic Small Mammals, Birds, and Reptiles
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Small Mammal Dentals and Molar Trimming
- Maxillary and Mandibular Abscess Surgery
- Digital X-ray
- In-house Laboratory
- Acupuncture and Cold Therapy Laser Therapy
- Herbal and Holistic Medicine
- Husbandry and Nutritional Counseling
- Beak and Nail Trims for Birds
- Beak Trims for Tortoises and Turtles
- Behavior Counseling